Sunday 21 December 2008

Biggins (2002)


Now this is an interesting one...
I drew this comic in Autumn 2002, and coloured it in December using Paint. It was while doing this that I disovered Photoshop. Anyway, this comic was finished 6 years ago by colouring each frame seperately and printing them all off to be assembled afterwards. This afternoon I dug out all the seperate images, and using my more powerful computer, re-assembled them all within Photoshop. The result is the above 'Comic Totum Pole'. The story has a Christmas vibe, but ultimately the idea was to take Biggins & Co out of their usual "Alien-blasting" setting, and put them into a more docile enviroment...their house. The result was what you see before you.
Another interesting aspect of this piece, is that at the time it was drawn, Biggins was roughly 6 years/72 months old. So when I composed the whole comic, I made it six pages long, and 72 frames in total, as a sort of 'nod' to Biggin's and Company's longevity.
Unfortunately, this image has been automatically re-sized by the website, so the details are not really visible. You can see how much is there, though.

2 comments:

mango red illustrations said...

The Atomic Ant is too cool to only be allowed one frame of comic may we resurrect him?

Anonymous said...

A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog