Tuesday 30 December 2008

Illustration Friday: Clandestine


For this weeks Illustration Friday topic (Clandestine) I thought it was time my two favourite comic creations Biggins and Charlie got a piece of the action. For this piece I chose to place them in a scene reminiscent of a Humphrey Bogart film (think the Maltese Falcon). This picture was also an experiment for me as I have never laboured over a picture's lighting like this before...I spent an hour experimenting before the final settings (as seen above) were established, and I'm still not sure I got them right! There are plenty things I don't like about this picture, but there are one or two bits I'm really quite chuffed with.
Oh, and the characters are exchanging an object of great secret... something that I think deserves to be kept a great secret!

6 comments:

Kris-Tea said...

Very good result!
Its a fantastic and funny illo! (very funny when you see the Celine Dion DVD, lol). The lights are natural, well done.
Really clandestine :)

NANCY LEFKO said...

wonderful illustration...the lamplight glow is perfect !!!

Anonymous said...

It was worth the work! The lighting is amazing!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Very nice illo - Like Nancy already said: the lamplight glow is absolutely perfect!

Anonymous said...

I like this, very nice illustration.

Anonymous said...

After reading the information, I may have different views, but I do think this is good BLOG!